FRIENDS FOREVER??

When I shared it all with you
I had laid open my heart
I knew I was risking an end of something great
But for something better which might start

On one side was a friend
whom I never wanted to lose
On other was my love
that I wanted to choose

Fear, anxiety, hope- I was feeling it all
Though I knew I was going to lose this game
But if later I realized we stood a chance
I knew it too I couldnt bear that blame

When you confirmed your NO
I wont say I dint feel any pain
But still I felt a load off my chest
That confession dint go in vain

I thought that together we would dream
And that dream would come true
I know that I still am someone’s dream
Its just that THAT someone might not be you

I knew I could ve tried a lot more
To change your mind, gone to any length
But that would only ve made me weaker
And love is supposed to be your strength

I had imagined the trips, the walks and the adventures
The love that would make you and me- WE
But more than in all those sweet nothings
That love I want actually lives in me

That feeling I had is still somewhere in me
But I promise I would never try to find
Relinquishing the only key to you for keeps
I would lock it up in darkness somewhere in my mind

I now know I was so wrong to doubt your trust
When I thought you 'll leave, you firmly stood near
I thought our friendship would suffer a severe blow
But you, oh so tranquilly, allayed all my fear

The relation we had was always special to me
But now you truly are an invaluable friend
I just hope you remain beside me forever
And never ever let this come to an end

FRIENDS FOREVER??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sea

Lost Love

WHY do you need THE ONE?